Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Blessed on Saturday Morning!

   Today I was blessed enough to go to a prayer breakfast after being invited by a truly inspiring woman who I am lucky enough to call a friend and fellow woman in Christ.

   I wasn't sure exactly what to expect when going and I was really nervous about going because I wasn't sure who besides my friend I would know. I've always been one be scared when meeting new people but this experience was one that I knew I needed to do and expand my horizons on taking the Lord into my world in other ways .

   My amazing and inspirational friend stood in front of  a room full of friends, church goers and family and laid her heart out on the line with the her testimony. She shared with us an experience that changed her, her marriage, her family, her friends, and her relationship with The Lord.

   As I sat there and was listening to her I couldn't help but become over come with emotions. Her experience was that of one incredibly similar to one I had as well. It was such a difficult time in my life and how it effected my family that seeing the tears roll down her face caused me to remember all that I had gone through at that time and I instantly felt nothing but admiration for her. I don't want to go into specific details because that is not my place in any way but there were a few key points that she stated that really stuck out in my head!

   1 Peter 5:8- Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

   When hearing this at first I was intrigued because not only is it 100% true but when thinking back to just so many different times through out my life that verse seems to fit in when things started to go towards the enemy's nature. I know now that allowing the Lord to be apart of your daily life and really turning to him with anything that may be crossing your mind is really the only way to be able to live a life in Christ. Allowing others or the devil to come in and dictate what you do with your life that leads you down a dark path is how the devil can see your weaknesses and he thrives off of them!!! 

   My friend made a statement that sin is like a spider web. You're just walking along and bam it hits you and you're all of a sudden tangled up in it. So what did I do when I got home and had that thought still in my head. I made it my background on my phone! I know strange but when something like that hits me I want to make sure that it does stay with me. So it says sin=spiderweb. Since I hate spiders this is perfect because well its obvious spiders = spiderweb spiderweb=hate hate = sin so all in all sin =spiderweb! 

   Isaiah 1:18- “Come now, let us settle the matter,”
    says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
    they shall be like wool.

   She stated this verse and it was so enlightening to hear because when you sin and you're sin consumes your life you need to remember The Lord forgives all sins but you have to go to him and truly settle the matter. He knows you want to and He knows you want to live a more Godly life but you have to be willing to make the first step in order to do so. So settle matters with the Lord and he will cleanse your sins away!

   I want to end on a few quick notes. 1) It felt amazing to be there, hear her story and feel as though God does truly work modern day miracles as she stated. 2) Don't ever think the Lord is not going to forgive your sins He will!!! 3) When you think no is there God is there. Remember that when you are trying to justify to yourself that your sin isn't a sin. If you need to justify the situation its obviously a situation you should stop, think about, and figure out why you're trying to justify it before doing it. If you think you are hiding it from God I can promise you you're not. 

   I wasn't able to talk to my friend much afterwards but in case she reads this I just wanted to let her know that I truly understand the situation you were in and it feels amazing to know The Lord has brought us through those situations and brought us each closer to him and living a more Godly life with our families and within our marriages! You're an amazing and inspirational woman and I am proud to call you a friend and fellow woman in Christ! 

No comments: